Jr. Motion Graphics Designer
The Biddyco Creative Department has one goal, to help our clients stand out in a very crowded sea, and it will be your job to make that happen! As a Jr. Motion Graphics Designer at Biddyco, you will be responsible for helping to bring our clients’ products to life. Under the guidance of our creative team, you will create a library of images, GIFS, and Videos for advertising on Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, and more.
50% of the time we’re working with premade assets and 50% of the time we are creating everything from scratch. If you’re looking for a hyper-creative environment, with a lot of room to grow and resources to learn from – this is it. Things move fast in the world of PPC and you have to be willing to commit to a 90% done is good enough attitude. We’re looking for someone who appreciates details but isn’t limited by perfectionist habits.
We hit deadlines and follow brand guidelines, but otherwise everything else is free game. It’s the golden ticket opportunity for someone early on in their motion graphics career, who is looking to get super creative and learn how to make incredible motion-driven assets. If you love variety, are eager to get your foot in the door at an agency, and love social media, Biddyco might be a good fit. Did we mention that on any given day you’ll be working with multiple different (fun, up & coming e-commerce) brands? If you crave routine, stop reading now.
We produce more content in a month than many big brands create in an entire year. With that said, we have strict work/life boundaries and don’t believe in working late nights, working on weekends, or overworking anybody. We’re efficient like WOAH and if that excites you we can’t wait to see your work!
What we expect from you:
- Be able to work with multiple clients. If your dream is to work with a single client for an entire year, you’re gonna hate it here.
- Ability to turn around simple updates quickly. Tweaks, variation, and flexibility are vital in our industry.
- Be able to take direction, and incorporate feedback.
- A desire to go above and beyond, challenge traditional design conventions, find new ways to do things, take design risks and push the envelope.
- To be focused on creating designs that will convert the best, not just look the best (but we always find a way to do both)
- The belief that ‘creative blocks’ are B.S. Even when we aren’t inspired it’s our job to come back to the table and find a way.
- To not take design so seriously that you struggle to find the fun in it. Our clients are fun, the content we get to create is fun, so you’ve got to be lighthearted about your work.
- To have thick skin. Revisions are our middle name.
- Feel a commitment to honoring deadlines. We do not take deadlines lightly and neither should you.
- A true commitment to continued design education. As a Jr. Designer, we’ll be bringing you into our department with the intention of guidance and mentorship as you learn TONS of new skills and sharpen old ones.
Tools to be familiar with:
- Fierce Photoshop skills
- Basic familiarity with After Effects & the Adobe Suite
- We’ll help you become an expert if you’re willing to learn.
- iPhone and Mac
- Basic advertising/marketing concepts
- Have 1+ years of design experience (internship experience counts)
- Understand major social platforms and be familiar with digital ad platforms.
- Have a genuine desire to learn and evolve. Our industry changes every day and so must our approach. You must constantly be seeking out people and brands that are creating cool work.
- Be well versed in pop culture and design trends.
- Be on Facebook & Instagram. We envy that off-the-grid lifestyle, but there’s no way to stay competitive in this field without being where the action is.
- Be willing to work remotely.
- Know how to work independently and structure your time effectively, but also enjoy working with a team to get things done.
- Meet deadlines without excuses and value open communication within a team setting.
- This is a salaried position with pay depending on experience.
- Health & Dental
- One Medical Membership option
- Paid holidays off
- 401k & company contribution
- 10 vacation days per year
- 5 sick/personal days per year
- Extended flex schedule around holidays & a winter break at the end of December.
- Mac laptop, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, and monitor + any other equipment you might need to operate 100%
- Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
Please send resume, portfolio, and any of your social handles that you think we should peek at.
Sound good? Go here to apply now!